RED LOTUS OPENS
Celebrating diversity in business in Carlsbad, Yvonne K. Scarlett cut the ribbon in early June, launching the Red Lotus Wellness Center, 2890 Pio Pico Drive, Ste 104, Carlsbad. The center is owned by Scarlett, doctor of acupuncture and Chinese medicine, functional medicine practitioner, California board-certified acupuncturist and licensed herbalist. It was applauded as a minority woman-owned business in integrative medicine.
The Assistance League of Rancho San Dieguito recently awarded $30,000 in college scholarships to 20 students from the San Dieguito Union High School District. Twelve students are entering college freshmen and eight are ongoing students from last year’s awards now entering their college sophomore year. First-year awards were awarded to Lucas Amberg, Isaac Arana, David Castro, Pamela Deshayes, Avalon Fraser, Brett Jensen, Jesse Manfredi, Jenna Nelson, Diego Padilla, Evan Pauley, Jasmine Perez and Monique Sandoval. Second-year awards went to Brandon Eng, Jessica Gilbert, Malia Guillory, Brian Hall, Devon Hollingsworth, Kayla Hultgren, Dalia Salgado and Venkata Putta. The ALRSD Scholarship Committee is chaired by Penny Hauser.
• Omicron Delta Kappa, the National Leadership Honor Society, welcomed Sabrina Pajarillo and Mackenzie Trask, both of San Marcos, and Antonio Chavez of Oceanside, initiated at University of Saint Katherine.
• Victoria Dondanville, Forest Fisher, Sidney Hart, Sophia Imparato, Ella Stichler and Kyle Wada of Carlsbad; Abigail Roy of Encinitas; Mitchell Walden of Oceanside; Elijah Armendariz of Rancho Santa Fe; Erik Beer, Alison Byron, Blake Jarrett, Marisa Mitchell, Mia Weisman of San Diego; Brooke Willoughby of Carmel Valley; and Daphne Tenuto, Camryn Wick and May Crotty of San Marcos all were named to the dean’s list spring semester 2022 at the University of Alabama.
• Skyla Nelson of Carlsbad, Rachel Wang of Carmel Valley and Erik Woolsey of Encinitas were named to the dean’s list for the 2022 spring semester at University of Iowa. On the president’s list were Kayla Cleland of San Marcos and Evita Woolsey of Encinitas.
• University of Delaware dean’s list for the spring 2022 semester included Neve Brown of Del Mar and Morgan Adams of San Marcos.
• Brittany Tate of Carmel Valley and Haley Johnson of Oceanside made the dean’s list at Harding University for the spring 2022 semester.
• Natalia Sarram of Carlsbad graduated summa cum laude in English and Adria Gorsuch of Oceanside graduated with a Master of Fine Arts in children’s literature at Hollins University.
• Trent Arden Nyberg of Carlsbad, with a Bachelor of Arts in criminal justice, and Ryan Andrew Camarata of 4S Ranch, magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in finance, graduated from Elmhurst University.
The San Dieguito Union High School District appointed Mary Anne Nuskin as its new Associate Superintendent of Human Resources, pending contract approval June 23. Nuskin will transition into the role after serving as the first and only principal at Pacific Trails Middle School since it opened in fall 2015.
Kathy Kinane of the Move Your Feet Before You Eat® Foundation was named a Community Hero as part of the San Diego County Fair Salute to Heroes.
Cal State San Marcos head baseball coach Matt Guiliano has resigned from his position effective June 30. Guiliano has stepped down to pursue another professional opportunity.
The post Who’s News: 6/24/22 appeared first on The Coast News Group.