• Named to the Bucknell University dean’s list were Carly Irvine of San Marcos and Renee Shahnazarian of San Diego.
• On the honor roll at Oregon State University were Zareena A. Bokhari, Ashley J. Brewer, Olivia B. Carney, Adeline R. Hull and Allison N. Kelly of Carlsbad; David J. Conkle, Stephanie D. Conkle, Andrew S. Greenwood and Ian K. Hewett of Escondido; Jaime F. Justo, Viktor D. Medvinsky and Mick R. Shipman of Oceanside; and Isaiah J. McGuire, Brianna D. Noble and Hope S. Sims of Vista.
• Jace Phillips of Carlsbad and Ford Boock of Oceanside, earned academic honors from Wyoming Seminary (Pa.).
• Hannah Cosgrove of San Diego earned dean’s list honors at The University of Tampa for the spring 2021 semester.
• Marcella Archambeault of San Marcos, majoring in CIS-Neuroscience Studies, was named to the College of the Holy Cross spring 2021 dean’s list.
ON THEIR WAY
• Navin Bose of Carlsbad earned a BA, Media Arts Production; William Edwards of Del Mar earned a Creative Writing BFA; and Danielle McLean of Solana Beach graduated with a BS, Marketing Communication from Emerson College in Boston.
• At Hamilton College on May 22, Emily Midgley of San Diego graduated with magna cum laude honors in creative writing and theatre; Stephanie Milam of Carlsbad creative writing; and Sajan Palanki of Encinitas, economics and mathematics received bachelor of arts degrees with departmental honors in economics.
• Miryam Sullivan of San Diego earned a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish from Valdosta State University.
• Vista native Cynthia Castaneda graduated with a BSN in Nursing from Bradley University in May.
AAA BEST GARAGE
Furgerson’s Garage, at 807 2nd St., Encinitas, was awarded by AAA’s Best in Auto Repair 2021, beating 7,000 competing AAA approved auto repair shops in the nation. Visit furgersons.com, open Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call (760) 436-3337.
HEALTH VOLUNTEER KUDOS
Champions for Health (CFH), a local health nonprofit will honor volunteer service to the CFH Project Access San Diego (PASD) program July 10. Honorees include:
• President’s Award: Northgate Gonzalez Market, in Vista and Escondido
• Civic Health Leader of the Year: Kristin Gaspar of Palomar Health.
• Project Access Volunteer Physician of the Year: Varuna Raizada, MD of La Jolla
• Project Access Facility of the Year: Core Orthopaedic of Encinitas
• Project Access Partner of the Year: TrueCare of San Marcos
• Project Access Medical Interpreter of the Year: Holly Araya
• Champion of the Year: Dhruvil Gandhi, M.D. of Scripps
ASHTON TO CHAMBER PANEL
Scott Ashton, the CEO of the Oceanside Chamber of Commerce, has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the Western Association of Chamber Executives. The association is designed to promote and enhance professional development of chamber of commerce executives and is the largest state or regional association of chamber of commerce executives in the United States.
KUDOS FOR TRUECARE
The North San Diego Business Chamber has honored Michelle D. Gonzalez, of San Marcos, TrueCare’s president and CEO, with their high-profile Leadership Award at its 2021 Celebration of Business.
NEW PALOMAR CHIEF
The Palomar Community College District will be led by Star Rivera-Lacey, who is returning to Palomar as superintendent/president. Rivera-Lacey is currently vice president of student services at the San Diego College of Continuing Education.
FOUNDATION BOARD GROWS
The San Diego Foundation expanded its team of experts with the recent hiring of Jason Rogers, of Carmel Valley. Rogers earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Point Loma Nazarene University, and is a graduate of The Wharton School, Securities Industry Institute.
Vista Irrigation District’s tap water quality report shows it meets all federal and state safe drinking water standards. The entire report is available at vidwater.org/2021-consumer-confidence-report.
COVID RENT ASSISTANCE
Alliance for Regional Solutions County of San Diego reminds residents about the COVID-19 Emergency Rent and Utilities Assistance Program. The county’s 2021 Emergency Rent and Utilities Assistance Program helps eligible households in qualifying areas who have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The program provides payment assistance for renters who need help with rent and utilities. Applications will be accepted until funds are no longer available. Apply at sandiegocounty.gov.